The Huawei IDEOS X5 is a quad band GSM phone with WCDMA 900/2100 MHz HSDPA 7.2Mbps. The IDEOS X5 has the "Starwars" style menu UI and features SWYPE input. Built-in applications have like the camera has customized menus and UI that seem intuitive. 3D gaming feels fast, and so does web browsing.
The IDEOS X5 Specs Features:
- a 3.8 inch multiple touch screen with easy-to-use SWYPE input and voice recognition for additional convenience
- an ultra-slim width of 11.4mm, curved edges and brush metal coating to serve as an ideal everyday accessory
- a 5 mega pixel camera with 720p high definition video recording and playback
- a FM radio, SRS professional audio effect and Flash 10.1 to enhance the gaming experience
- There is also a teaser YouTube video about some of the features on the IDEOS X5
- The X5 will be standard with 2.2 (FroYo) and ideal for the budget-friendly consumer.
Huawei is Chinese manufacturer and leading telecoms solutions provider serving 45 of the world’s top 50 telecom operators and makes millions of phones which branded by other mobile vendors worldwide. People in more than 130 countries are already using Huawei devices, which are often customized and rebranded by operators. But now Huawei making IDEOS marked smartphone as a stand-alone brand. First IDEOS launched in September 2010 and has sold more than one million handsets in over 70 countries.
Huawei IDEOS X5 will available first in Singapore, Hong Kong, and New Zealand from this month, and later in the year for US carriers. There's no confirmation about India as according to earlier news the IDEOS X5 and X6 soon to release in India by the end of January 2011.