Wireless charging makes use of Inductive coils to transfer electricity and requires that the phone being charged has a compatible back-cover.We are not sure if LG will be shipping battery-covers for the phone along with the device or whether it will be available separately.
- Visual, audible and tactile feedback – allows user to see, feel and hear when the phone is placed properly on the pad
- Power LED – Blue = Plugged in
- Battery LED – Orange = Ready to Charge
- Battery LED – Flashing Green = Phone is Charging Correctly
- Battery LED – Solid Green = Phone is Fully Charged
- Slim and sleek design – allows for convenient storage, taking up minimal space
- Effective Range – 7mm from center of placement guide
- Dimensions – 6.29”x3.54”x0.39”
No word on the pricing or availability as of now. But Inductive charging is really cool as you can charge your gadgets when you leave them on your desk and you can use them without having to deal with entangled cables.
Great move by LG but wouldn’t it be awesome to see all handset makers offering charging pads ? Wish it becomes a standard like microUSB !